2-in-1 Double Delicious Apple Tree
2-in-1 Double Delicious Apple Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree per offer
- FormUpright. Deciduous
- LightNeeds full sun for maximum flower and fruit production.
- Height10 - 15 feet.
- Spread15 feet.
- Spacing16 feet.
- Zones5 - 8 (-10F.).
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- Flower FormWhite showy, fragrant blossoms.
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- BloomsMid to late Spring.
- FruitLiberty- Medium to large, bright, shiny fruit with red blush. Sundance- large porcelain to yellow-green fruit often with a pink blush.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained moderately fertile, slightly acidic soils. Tolerates average garden soils, but un-amended heavy clay soils which watering easily and drain poorly should be avoided.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningPrune December to February. There are normally two goals when pruning an apple tree: 1. Initially on young trees to encourage a strong, solid framework 2. On mature trees to maintain shape and encourage fruit production. The best time to prune apple trees is in late Winter or very early Spring before any new growth starts.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating. Liberty and Sundance.
- CommentsSpecial considerations: Apple trees are grafted. Mix generous amount of organic material 15 - 18 inches into soil before planting. Seeds are a good indicator of ripeness, white if fruit is immature & brown when fruit is ripe. Fruit should part from the stem easily as well. If storing over-Winter, select unbruised & blemish free fruit. Water trees deeply in hot, dry, windy weather. After 1st yr. Fertilize with 12-12-12; 1lb. per tree. Feed in early Spring before new growth starts. It is very important to not over-fertilize. Avoid high nitrogen fertilizers. Unable to ship to AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- YieldApproximately 6 to 8 bushels at maturity.
- Botanical NameMalus Domestica "Double Delicious 2-in 1: Family Rosaceae (Rose Family)
- HeaderTwo Apple Varieties on One Tree
- DepthPlant with the graft 2 inches above the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.