- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure3 plants
- FormVine, Determinate
- LightFull sun.
- Height3 - 4 feet. Determinate.
- Spread24-36 inches.
- Spacing24-36 inches between plants, 3 - 5 feet between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormYellow star-shaped flowers.
- FruitRed, block-like, pear-shaped fruits with thick, meaty flesh. Few seeds.
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, deep, well-drained soil. pH 5.5 - 6.8
- Growth RateModerate growth rate. Will grow to full maturity and produce fruit in one growing season.
- Seed CountApproximately 150 seeds per packet.
- PruningDeterminate tomatoes need no pruning.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsA dependable mid-season producer. Disease resistant: V, F1, ASC. Open Pollinated, heirloom variety.
- Yield100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameLycopersicon lycopersicum 'Roma'
- Size3 inches long x 1.5 inches wide. 2 oz. fruits.
- HeaderMeaty and Nearly Seedless
- DepthPlant seeds 1/4 inch deep. When transplanting, set the plant deep, up to the first true leaves, by digging a deep hole or trench. The stem will develop roots along its length.
- Days To Maturity75 days from transplant
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.