Alamo Hybrid Turnip Greens
- SKU: 85090
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 500 seeds per packet.
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Light Required: Full sun
- Germination: Approximately 8 days.
- Plants are not available in
Send me an email when this item is available
Alamo Hybrid Turnip Greens
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 500 seeds per packet.
- LightFull sun
- Spacing2 inches
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageBroad smooth leaves with excellent flavor.
- FruitThis variety does not produce edible roots.
- GerminationApproximately 8 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, enriched soil.
- Seed CountApprox. 500 seeds per packet.
- CommentsRapid re-growth for multiple harvests. Baby leaf ready in 33 days! Tolerant of aphids and Mosaic Virus. A superior choice for greens with excellent flavor (not grown for roots). Moderate bolt resistance, so best sown in early spring or later in fall.
- YieldYields are up to 50% greater than standard turnip greens.
- Botanical NameBrassica rapa. (F1)
- HeaderExcellent flavor ready in 33 days!
- Depth1/4-1/2 inch
- Days To Maturity33 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.