- SKU: 08514
- For each offer ordered, get 2 18"-24" Bareroots
- This item is not available in CA
- LightFull sun.
- Height35 - 60 feet.
- Spread20 - 35 feet.
- Spacing20 - 30 feet.
- Zones5 - 9 (-10° F.).
- FoliageDeep green, large, dense, 6 inch leaves.
- Flower FormSmall, bell-shaped, inconspicuous flowers.
- FruitRound, fleshy, 1 - 2 inch, yellowish-orange fruit.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PollinatorPlant two or more for proper pollination.
- CommentsFruit is tangy and apricot-like. Frost helps flavor. If you pull the fruit from the tree, it is not ripe and will be quite sour to the taste. Foliage turns yellow in the Fall. Tree lives 30 - 80 years. Fruit is somewhat seedy. Prune suckers. Adapted to a wide range of soils and climates. Fruit hangs on tree until mid-Winter. Drought resistant. Hardy to -25 degrees F. Hard, durable wood.
- Yield2 - 4 bushels at maturity.
- Botanical NameDiospyros virginiana 'American'
- DepthSame as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.