Anna Apple Tree
Anna Apple Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Rounded.
- LightFull Sun
- Height20-30 ft.
- Spread15 ft.
- Spacing18 feet for standard, 6 - 8 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Zones6-9 Very low chill requirements 200-300 hours; recommended for Coastal South and Zone 9.
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- FruitLarge-sized apple is crisp with a sweet, spritely flavor.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained moist soil with good organic matter.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate. 1 - 2 feet per year.
- PruningPrune December to February. There are normally two goals when pruning an apple tree: 1. Initially on young trees to encourage a strong, solid framework 2. On mature trees to maintain shape and encourage fruit production. The best time to prune apple trees is in late Winter or very early Spring before any new growth starts.
- PollinatorAnna Apple is self-fertile
- CommentsVery low chill requirements; recommended for Coastal South and Zone 9. Large-sized apple is crisp with a sweet, spritely flavor. Produces at an early age. Ripens mid June to early July. Will sometimes produce a second, late-season crop. Reliable annual bearer. Zones 6-9.
- Botanical NameMalus domestica 'Anna'
- HeaderSometimes produces two crops a year!
- DepthGraft 2 inches above the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.