Apache Thornless Blackberry
- SKU: 69475
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 5 - 9
- Height: 5 - 8 feet, upright
- Light Required: Full Sun
- This item is not available in FL MA SC
Send me an email when this item is available
Apache Thornless Blackberry
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormDeciduous semi-woody canes.
- LightFull Sun
- Height5 - 8 feet, upright
- Spread4 - 8 feet
- Spacing3 - 4 feet
- Zones5 - 9
- FoliageCompound, mid green, pubescent foliage.
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- BloomsEarly Summer for several weeks.
- FruitLarge glossy black fruit in great abundance.
- Soil RequirementsTolerant of a wide range of soils, will do best in well-drained, humus enriched, slightly acidic soil.
- Growth RateFast growth rate once established, which takes approximately 3 - 5 weeks.
- PruningTrim canes to 42 inches, remove unwanted ones in early Spring.
- CommentsA new variety introduced in 1999. It produces higher yielding and larger fruit than other Arkansas thornless, erect varieties. It is also a more vigorous and healthy variety than others currently available, so has much to recommend it. All Arkansas upright berries should be tipped at 42 inches to encourage to fruit lateral and avoid the need for support.
- YieldHeavy yields.
- Botanical NameRubus x 'Apache'
- HeaderHuge Fruit—Big as a Quarter
- DepthSame depth as they were in the nursery. Plant so the roots are below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.