Honey Pearls™ Nectacot™ Tree
Honey Pearls™ Nectacot™ Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Rounded.
- LightFull sun. Needs full sun for maximum flower and fruit production.
- Height15 - 20 feet for standard, 10 - 12 feet for semi-dwarf.
- Spread10 - 12 feet for standard, 8 - 10 feet for semi-dwarf.
- Spacing10 - 12 feet for standard, 8 - 10 feet for semi-dwarf.
- Zones4 - 7 (-20 F.)
- FoliageLight green foliage.
- Flower Form1 1/2 inch flowers.
- ColorPinkish blossoms.
- BloomsApril to early May.
- FruitGolf ball size, or slightly larger golden fruit with rosy blush, pale cream flesh.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moist, organic loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate (12 - 24 inches per year).
- PruningA well-structured trimming is necessary when the tree is young. Pruning conditions can be modified when it's two to three years old, to maintain new branching and growth of tips. Remember to remove the dead, diseased, and damaged foliage during any time of the year. Primary pruning is usually done during onset of early Spring.
- PollinatorSugar Pearls Apricot.
- CommentsWe spent years looking for the best match to our favorite apricot, Sugar Pearls, so you can imagine our elation when we discovered this scrumptious variety was the perfect pollinator! Sweetly aromatic, richly flavorful and juicy, this new nectacot has its own attributes. Very late bloom time avoids damaging late frost, leading to heavy yields of crack-free fruit. Delectable nectacots have ambrosial, deep orange flesh and red-blushed skin, ripening to perfection in July.
- Botanical NamePrunus armeniaca 'Honey Pearls' PP27166
- HeaderPerfect Pollinator for Sugar Pearls
- DepthThe top of the Ellepot container should be even with the soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.