Arapaho Thornless Blackberry
- SKU: 79957
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 5 - 9
- Height: Varies
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- This item is not available in FL MA SC
Send me an email when this item is available
Arapaho Thornless Blackberry
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormUpright, erect canes.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Spread3 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 feet apart in rows 10 feet apart.
- Zones5 - 9
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- Fruit1 - 2 inch berries.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, sandy loamy soil. 5.5 - 6.8 pH.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningIn late Winter, early Spring, prune and thin your blackberry plants. Any time of the year, you can prune out dead or diseased canes.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsFully erect and thornless. Exceptionally small seeds. Large berries.
- YieldApproximately 8 - 10 quarts per plant.
- Botanical NameRubus spp. 'Arapaho'
- Size1/4 - 1/2 inch blossoms.
- HeaderFirst to Ripen
- DepthSame depth as they were in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.