Argonaut Hybrid Butternut Winter Squash
- SKU: 66325
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 25 seeds per packet
- Zones: Will grow in zones that have enough frost free days for it to ripen (140 days).
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 8 - 19 days.
Argonaut Hybrid Butternut Winter Squash
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 25 seeds per packet
- LightFull sun.
- SpreadVigorous vines.
- SpacingPlant 6 seeds per hill in hills about 6 feet apart.
- ZonesWill grow in zones that have enough frost free days for it to ripen (140 days).
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- ColorBright gold colored fruits.
- FruitYou'll love Argonaut's honey-sweet flavor and meaty texture; tastes much better than older butternut types like Waltham! Enormous butternut type, bright gold fruits are 15 - 27 inches long and weigh 30 lbs. or more.
- Germination8 - 19 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched soil.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet, 1/2 oz. is approximately 110 seeds.
- CommentsArgonaut's plant is a vine with a strong canopy and very vigorous. The fruit is cylindrical in shape and bright gold in color with a hard, tough rind which has a smooth texture with sutures. Argonaut's interior is a medium orange color with a very sweet flavor and excellent meaty texture. Suitable for the home garden, this variety has a long shelf life and a small seed cavity on the blossom end. Under proper conditions this squash will store up to 8 months.
- YieldHeavy yields.
- Botanical NameCucurbita maxima 'Argonaut'
- HeaderOutstanding, Sweet Flavor!
- Depth1 inch. (see planting instruction sheet above)
- Days To Maturity140 days. This squash must be started as early as possible. Because it is so large, it takes the full 140 days to mature. See the sheet above if you have some squash that did not have time to ripen before frost.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.