$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
- SKU: 61549
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pkt of approx. 50 seeds
Send me an email when this item is available
- LightFull Sun
- Height6-8 inches (if grown on the ground)
- Spread42-48 inches (if grown on the ground)
- Spacing6-8 feet apart
- Zones3 - 9 (Annual)
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitLong, twisting, light green fruit can grow up to 24-36 inches long, but it best when picked at 12-18 inches. Heavily ribbed, grows up to 3-4 inches in diameter, and has a mild sweet flavor.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, sandy, loamy, well-drained soil with a pH of 6.0-7.0.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 50 seeds per packet.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsThis heirloom variety produces high yields of long, twisting, light green fruit. Heavily ribbed fruit can grow up to 24-36 inches long, but is best when harvested at 12-18 inches. Very pleasing mild, sweet flavor. Skin is easily digested. If grown on the ground, fruit will twist and turn into unique shapes. If grown on a trellis, fruit will grow straighter.
- YieldProduces high yields.
- Botanical NameCucumis melo 'Pale Green'
- Depth1 inch
- Days To Maturity50 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/18 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||6/18 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||6/18 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||6/18 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||6/18 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||6/18 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.