Jersey Knight Hybrid Asparagus
- SKU: 79922
- For each offer ordered, get 3 asparagus starts
- Zones: 3 - 8 (2 with protection).
- Height: 4 - 5 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
Jersey Knight Hybrid Asparagus
- Unit of Measure3 asparagus starts
- LightFull sun.
- Height4 - 5 feet.
- Spread18 inches.
- SpacingSet crowns 12 - 18 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 8 (2 with protection).
- FoliageGraceful, feathery green foliage.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil. Tolerates most soils; prefers a soil pH of 6.0 - 8.0.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningAfter harvest, asparagus must be completely dormant before mowing. Mow late Winter or early Spring.
- CommentsFor a fresh alternative to limp supermarket varieties, try growing Jersey Knight Asparagus in your own garden and experience a superior flavor and more tender texture. This prolific, patented all-male strain out-produces almost every other variety on the market today. Performs in even heavy clay soil; spear tips stay tight past the harvest. Best for high yield, fine flavor and the largest succulent spears. Proven tops for productivity, flavor and wide adaptability.
- YieldHeavy yields.
- Botanical NameAsparagus officinalis "Jersey Knight" Plant patent 6624.
- HeaderHuge Yields of Big, Bright Green Spears
- DepthPrepare a trench 8 inches deep. Spread crowns over the soil and cover them with 2 inches of soil. Gradually fill the trench with soil as the plants grow. (if your soil is clay or heavy, you may want to add compost). Plant plugs are planted like a potted plant. These can easily be planted with a tro
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.