- SKU: 99567
- For each offer ordered, get 4 mixed bareroot
- Zones: 4 - 8
- Height: 24 - 36 inches.
- Light Required: Full shade to partial shade.
- Unit of Measure4 mixed bareroot
- FormHerbaceous perennial, upright.
- LightFull shade to partial shade.
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread18 inches.
- Spacing18 - 24 inches.
- Zones4 - 8
- FoliageFern-like, dark green foliage.
- Flower FormPlume-like sprays, like a feather.
- ColorMix of white, pink, red or lavender
- Soil RequirementsSandy loam to clay loam, moist soil.
- Growth RateCut back spent flower stems to keep the plant tidy.
- PruningCut them back in late Fall.
- CommentsEach year more gardeners discover the joys of Astilbe. Superb as stand-alones or as background color in borders and beds. This collection includes four different hues for masses of feathery plumes in bright red, pink, lavender and white. Astilbe thrive in shade or semi-shade and will naturalize in regular to moist soil.
- Botanical NameAstilbe
- HeaderOrnamental Foliage and Flowers
- DepthPlant crown 1 inch below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.