- SKU: 76118
- For each offer ordered, get 4 plants
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 20-40 inches
- Light Required: Shade to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure4 plants
- LightShade to partial shade.
- Height20-40 inches
- Spread12 inches.
- Spacing12-18 inches.
- FoliageFern-like, dark green foliage.
- Flower FormFeathery plumes
- ColorAll colors-white, pink red and purple.
- Soil RequirementsSandy loam to clay loam, moist soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningCut back spent flower stems to keep the plant tidy. Cut back foliage in late Fall.
- CommentsAstilbe are admired for their attractive foliage and sensational fluffy flower spikes. Great for the perennial border, in bed plantings or even containers! Blooming in June, July and August, this mix produces a mass of feathery flower plumes in red, pink, lavender and white. Lacy deep green or bronze-green foliage continues to add texture to your gardens. Plant in rich moist soil, in shade or semi-shade and in groups of 10 or more for maximum impact.
- Botanical NameAstilbe 'Mix'
- HeaderOrnamental Foliage and Flowers
- DepthPlant crown 1 inch below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.