Athena Hybrid Cantaloupe
- SKU: 66185
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 25 seeds per packet
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 2 - 3 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 10 - 20 days.
Athena Hybrid Cantaloupe
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 25 seeds per packet
- FormVine, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height2 - 3 feet.
- Spacing3 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellowflowers.
- FruitFirm, salmon-colored flesh holds well after harvest. 7 x 6.5 inch fruit. 5 to 6 lbs.
- Germination10 - 20 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, sandy, well-drained soil; pH 7.0-7.8
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- CommentsAthena Hybrid is an early maturing Eastern melon in a class of it's own. Athena has consistently delivered at the top for fresh color, flavor, aroma, firmness, and shelf life after harvest. Pick at full slip for best quality. Superior flavor with outstanding eating quality. Firm flesh holds well. Vigorous plant and hearty producer. Best seller in the USA with gardeners and growers. Fruit averages 5 - 6 lbs. with coarse netting and thick salmon colored flesh.
- YieldApproximately 100 fruits per 100 foot row; 5 - 7 fruits per vine.
- Botanical NameCucumis melo (Cantaloupensis Group); Family: Cucurbitaceae (Cucumber Family)
- HeaderA Favorite Across the U.S.!
- Depth1 inch.
- Days To Maturity75 Days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.