- FormDeciduous. Spreading.
- LightFull sun
- Height20-25 feet
- Spread20 feet
- Spacing20 feet
- FoliageDark green leaves
- Flower FormShowy.
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- FruitDark red skin and amber flesh 2 inch fruit, semi-clingstone
- Soil RequirementsWell drained soil. Water plums regularly during hot weather as fruit matures. One inch of water per week is sufficient.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningAnnual pruning is necessary to train the trees, the required open center form is identical to peaches. As the trees age, they will need heavier and heavier pruning. Always prune Plum trees in the spring, keeping the trees low and well thinned out. Most of the training takes place the first 2 years. Thinning the fruit is also necessary to produce a good crop each year.
- PollinatorSelf-fruitful. Better production when pollinated with another AU or Methley plum.
- CommentsEnjoy high yields of tasty fruits with dark red skin and flesh. A good choice for fresh eating. Developed by the Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station, Auburn University, Au-Roadside is resistant to black knot, bacterial canker and bacterial fruit spot and tolerant to plum leaf scald. Self-fruitful. Zones 6-8.
- Yield120 pounds from mature trees
- HeaderHigh yields and excellent disease resistance.
- DepthPlant with graft union 2 inches above the soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.