Autumn Brilliance Apple Serviceberry
- SKU: 67397
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 15-25 ft.
- Light Required: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Send me an email when this item is available
Autumn Brilliance Apple Serviceberry
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormRound shrub or tree (often with multiple trunks)
- LightFull Sun to Partial Shade
- Height15-25 ft.
- Spread15-25 ft.
- Spacing15-25 ft. apart
- FoliageDeciduous, finely-toothed, oval leaves, 3-4" long, emerge with bronze-copper highlights in early spring, mature to dark green, then turn to brilliant orange-red in autumn.
- Flower FormFrangrant white flowers
- ColorWhite flowers
- FruitRed-purple, round, 3/8" berries appear in late spring to early summer, and mature to a dark purple. Their flavor is reminiscent of blueberries.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moisture-retentive, well-drained soil with plenty of organic matter.
- PruningPrune late winter or early spring to promote vigorous, healthy new growth. Remove root suckers to maintain a tree form. If root suckers are left to grow, it will develop a shrub form.
- CommentsAs its name suggests, this variety is know for its outstanding orange-red fall foliage. Fragrant, white flowers appear in spring, followed by red-purple, round berries. Birds are also quite fond of the sweet berries, with flavor reminiscent of blueberries. Excellent as a focal point in the landscape, as it adds beauty in every season-elegant, white flowers and bronze-tinted young foliage in spring, dark green foliage in summer, amazing fall foliage, and an attractive branching structure in winter. Use in a woodland garden, at the back of a border as a background for smaller shrubs and perennials, or along the edge of a wooded area.
- Botanical NameAmelanchier x grandiflora 'Autumn Brilliance'
- HeaderSweet Berries & Bright Fall Foliage
- DepthDig a hole twice the size of the pot the plant is in. Plant at the same depth as it was in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.