- SKU: 39808
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 200 seeds per pkt
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 10-24 inches
- Light Required: full sun
- Germination: 5 - 8 days at 50 - 85 degrees
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 200 seeds per pkt
- FormRound root, with bushy, upright foliage
- Lightfull sun
- Height10-24 inches
- Spread6 inches
- Spacing3 inches apart
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageLeafy green
- FruitCreamy white round very sweet. 2 - 3 1/2 inch root size. About 9 oz root weight
- Germination5 - 8 days at 50 - 85 degrees
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained soil
- Seed Count200 seed pkt
- PruningUse thinning of tops and roots for salad.
- CommentsMild, sweet taste. Good raw eating quality because there is no earthy beety taste or bitter aftertaste. Creamy white color. A beet for people who don't like beets! Avalanche's sweet, mild taste is sure to win over skeptics! Delicious cooked and raw.
- Botanical NameBeta vulgaris 'Avalanche'
- HeaderAward Winner Delicious Cooked or Raw
- Depth1/4 inch deep
- Days To Maturity55 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.