Avalanche Snow Pe
Avalanche Snow Pe
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 225 seeds per packet
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height30 inches, afila type vine (semi-leafless) determinate.
- Spread6 inches.
- Spacing2 - 3 inches between plants, 18 - 24 inches between rows. Plant 2 to 3 rows close together and plants will intertwine, becoming self-supporting.
- Zones3 - 9.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Fruit5.25 - 6 inch long pods with 6-8 seeds.
- Germination7 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, sandy, rich, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 225 seeds per packet. 1/2 lb. is approximately 680 seeds, 2lbs. is approximately 2,720 seeds.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsDark green, flat, up to 6 inch long pods, resistant to Fusarium wilt race 1, Powdery mildew. Very high yields of extra large pods, perfect for fresh use as well as processing, good sweet taste, tender texture, performs very well in the garden.
- Yield20 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NamePisum sativum var. macrocarpon 'Avalanche'; Family; Fabaceae (Pea Family)
- HeaderHigh Yields and Giant Pods
- Depth1 - 1.5 inches.
- Days To Maturity59 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.