Baby Cakes Tomato Hybrid
- SKU: 02149
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 15 seeds
- Plants are not available in
Baby Cakes Tomato Hybrid
- FormAnnual, vine
- LightFull sun.
- Height4 feet. Determinate.
- Spread24 inches.
- Spacing18 - 24 inches between plants, 3 - 5 feet between rows.
- Zones3 - 9.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormYellow flowers.
- FruitLarge, bright red 1 1/2 inch fruit with a distinctive salty and sweet, addictive flavor.
- Germination7 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 15 seeds per packet.
- PruningPrune by cutting out suckers (auxiliary shoots between the stems and the leaves) to produce larger fruit. Fruit also ripens earlier since the sun can reach it more easily.
- CommentsA large, bright red, 1 1/2 inch cherry tomato woth a distinctive salty and sweet, addictive flavor. Unlike many cherries, it resists cracking. Determinate.
- YieldExcellent yields.
- Botanical NameLycopersicon esculentum 'Baby Cakes' hybrid
- Depth1/4 inch.
- Days To Maturity70 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.