Bakers Delight™ Apple
Bakers Delight™ Apple
- Unit of Measurestandard 2-4 ft
- LightFull Sun
- HeightStandard apple trees can grow 18 - 25 ft tall. Li'l Big trees will grow about 6 feet tall.
- Spread12 - 15 feet for a standard tree, 4 - 6 feet for Li'l Big.
- Spacing15 feet for standard, 6 - 8 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitVibrant red to red-orange color. Our tasting panel remarked that it had nuances of honey, cinnamon and vanilla with a delightful floral fragrance.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained enriched soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate and vigor.
- PruningPrune December to February. There are normally two goals when pruning an apple tree: 1. Initially on young trees to encourage a strong, solid framework 2. On mature trees to maintain shape and encourage fruit production. The best time to prune apple trees is in late Winter or very early Spring before any new growth starts.
- PollinatorCrunch-A-Bunch, Goldrush, Sweet Sixteen
- CommentsA superb baking and dessert apple, our newest introduction has the richest, most complex flavor you can get from an early to mid-September ripening apple. Medium-sized apples have a tender texture which cooks up perfectly and do not brown easily when cut. An extremely heavy annual bearer, and apples hang on the tree for an extended period with no loss in flavor quality.
- Botanical NameMalus 'Baker's Delight', Apple 1441 PPAF
- HeaderDessert Has Never Tasted so Good
- DepthGraft or bud union should be 2 inches above the soil line. Look for plant stain on trunk.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.