Beira Sea Kale
- SKU: 08754
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 100 seeds per packet
- Zones: 3-10 annual.
- Height: 12-18 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 4 - 7 days.
Beira Sea Kale
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 100 seeds per packet
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height12-18 inches.
- Spread12-15 inches.
- Spacing1 inch apart in rows 18 to 30 inches apart. Thin to 12- to 18-inch spacings.
- Zones3-10 annual.
- FoliageTall heads of paddle-shaped blue-green leaves with white mid-ribs 1/4
- Germination4 - 7 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, enriched soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 100 seeds per packet.
- CommentsTronchuda, also know as Sea Kale, is a delicious heirloom that has been a favorite in Portugal for hundreds of years due to its flavor and ease of culture. Beira Tronchuda is an improvement on traditional Portuguese heirlooms and is milder, sweeter and more heat tolerant than other crops. Tall heads of paddle-shaped blue-green leaves with white mid-ribs have a delicious tender-sweet taste. A wonderful addition to soups and stews, excellent sauteed or braised.
- DepthDirect sow, 1/4 - 1/2 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity60 Days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||6/19 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.