Belle of Georgia Peach Tree
Belle of Georgia Peach Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Upright.
- LightFull sun
- Height20 feet for Standard, 12 feet for Semi-dwarf.
- Spread15 feet for Standard, 10 feet for Semi-dwarf.
- Spacing15 feet for Standard, 12 feet for Semi-dwarf.
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- Flower FormLight pink blossoms.
- FruitLarge, creamy white fruit with a bright red cheek.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, organic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPrune after most of freezing weather has past, but before tree leafs out - late winter to very early spring.
- CommentsOne of the largest white peaches around, this southern belle is sure to become a favorite in your house. Beautiful, pink-blushed fruit is juicy and sweet with an unmistakable aroma that will fill your kitchen with the scent of summer. Very adaptable to both northern and southern gardens. Disease resistant. Self-pollinating. Ripens in August. Freestone. White freestone flesh tinged with red. Highly resistant to bacterial spot. Ripens a few days before Elberta. Fruit drops when ripe, bruises easily. Highly flavored.
- YieldApproximately 2 - 5 bushels at maturity for Standard. 1 - 3 bushels for Semi-dwarf.
- Botanical NamePrunus persica 'Belle of Georgia'
- Size1 inch blossoms
- HeaderOur Largest White-Fleshed Peach
- DepthPlant with graft union 2 inches above soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.