Berry Cascade™ Wintergreen
- SKU: 70873
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
Berry Cascade™ Wintergreen
- LightPartial or full shade. Plant in partially shaded sites for best results.
- Height6 inches
- Spread12 inches
- Spacing12 inches
- FoliageGlossy, mid-green foliage. From fall to winter, the leaves turn shades of red and deep burgundy. Red-orange berries have a sweet, minty flavor and cover the plant from fall to spring.
- Flower FormProduces tons of small white flowers.
- FruitBrilliant red-orange berries run the entire length of the stem.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers moist, acidic, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsWintergreen is one of those plants everyone should have in their landscapes. It's a compact groundcover that offers several points of interest. From its attractive green foliage, to its pleasing white blooms and bright red berries, there's no end to the benefits of growing this petite shrub. Its fruits are beautiful set against the backdrop of its evergreen foliage, and they taste as good as they look!
- Botanical NameGaultheria procumbens 'Berry Cascade' PPAF
- DepthPlant at the same depth as it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.