Big League Tomato
Big League Tomato
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 10 seeds per pkt.
- FormVine, Determinate.
- LightFull sun.
- Height45-48 inches.
- Spread25-28 inches.
- Spacing24 - 36 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers.
- FruitVery large, beefsteak, red fruit (14-21 oz.)
- Germination8 - 10 days
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 10 seeds per packet.
- PruningDeterminate tomatoes need no pruning.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsIf you want large tomatoes but have limited space, Big League is the perfect pick! This compact plant will happily grow in a tub or container, bearing the largest fruit of any true container-type variety! Early maturing, beefsteak fruit are excellent for fresh eating and salads.
- YieldHigh yields.
- Botanical NameLycopersicon lycopersicum 'Big League'
- HeaderFull-Sized Fruit—Compact Plant
- DepthPlant seeds 1/4 inch deep. For plants, plant them deeper than in the pot. Plant them just below the first set of leaves.
- Days To Maturity68 days from transplant.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.