Big Red Hibiscus
- SKU: 71308
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 4 - 9.
- Height: 4' - 5'.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Big Red Hibiscus
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormHerbaceous perennial.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height4' - 5'.
- Spread2' - 3'.
- Spacing2' - 4'.
- Zones4 - 9.
- FoliageLong, deeply lobed and dissected foliage. Dark green with a coppery-red to purple cast. Red-purple stems.
- Flower FormLarge 8 - 12 inch diameter blooms that are open saucer-shaped with overlapping petals. Prominent pistil and stamen.
- ColorDeep crimson-red.
- BloomsAll Summer into early Fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, but moist soil.
- Growth RateFast once established.
- PruningNone necessary.
- CommentsHuge, 9" red flowers catch the eye, while heat and humidity tolerance ensure blooms even in the midst of summer. As if the large brilliant red blooms aren't spectacular enough, the tinted, deeply dissected foliage puts this plant over the top. Dark green foliage has a rich red-purple cast. The sturdy stems also exhibit the attractive red-purple coloring. The combo of blooms and foliage is sure to please anyone looking for big bold color for their landscape or garden setting.
- Botanical NameHibiscus moscheutos 'Big Red'
- HeaderOutstanding Blooms!
- DepthPlant the crown 1" below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.