Biloxi Southern Highbush Blueberry
- SKU: 07726
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot plant
- Zones: 8-10 Recommended for coastal areas and Zones 9 and 10 where the bush is fully evergreen.
- Height: 5-6 feet
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in CA
Send me an email when this item is available
Biloxi Southern Highbush Blueberry
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot plant
- FormUpright, spreading, and notably bushy growth habit
- LightFull sun.
- Height5-6 feet
- Spread3-4 feet
- Spacing6 feet.
- Zones8-10 Recommended for coastal areas and Zones 9 and 10 where the bush is fully evergreen.
- FoliageMedium green foliage, turning glossy-reddish in the Fall.
- FruitMedium-sized berries. Excellent flavor, light blue, very firm
- Soil RequirementsAcidic, moist soil with lots of organic matter and very sandy. ph 4.5 - 5.5.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningPrune out leggy small twigs for better berries.
- PollinatorSelf-fruitful, but cross pollination with other varieties will result in larger berries.
- CommentsMedium-sized berries are high quality with a distinct, excellent flavor. Recommended for Coastal areas and Zones 9 and 10 where the bush is fully evergreen. Hybrid plants are upright, vigorous and productive. In the Deep South, Biloxi will produce two crops! Main crop ripens mid season. Bareroot. Zones 8-10.
- YieldYields can be expected to range between 8-10 pounds on a mature plant.
- Botanical NameEricaceae Vaccinium Corymbosum Biloxi
- HeaderTwo crops in the Deep South!
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the nursery.
- Days To MaturityBlueberry plants may take three to four years to bear fruit.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.