Black Hills Spruce
- SKU: 60771
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
- Zones: 2 - 6
- Height: 30 - 50 feet
- Light Required: Full Sun
Send me an email when this item is available
Black Hills Spruce
- Unit of Measure1 gallon pot.
- LightFull Sun
- Height30 - 50 feet
- Spread10 - 20 feet
- Spacing8 - 10 feet
- Zones2 - 6
- FoliageBlunt-short needles, 1/2 - 3/4 inches long.
- Flower FormInsignificant
- FruitCones, 1-2 inch long cylindrical.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow growth rate, 1/2 feet per year.
- CommentsOne of the finest evergreen trees we've found. Black Hills Spruce tree has green to blue-green needles and a very dense habit, making it an ideal windbreak, privacy screen or specimen tree. Tolerates most urban and rural planting sites as well as wind, heat, cold, drought and crowding. Growing 30-50 ft. tall with a 10-20 ft. spread, it has a pyramidal habit and a slow growth rate. Black Hills Spruce trees commonly live 250-300 years. Grows best when planted in moist, well-drained soil in full sun. 9-12" bareroot. Zones 2-6. Tolerant to most urban and rural planting sites. Very dense. Tolerates wind, heat, cold, drought and crowding. Commonly lives 250 - 300 years. Excellent specimen tree or used as a windbreak.
- Botanical NamePicea glauca
- DepthSame as in nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Gallon Pot Size|
|1A-4B||8/1 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/1 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/1 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/1 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/1 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/1 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.