Black Knight Butterfly Bush
- SKU: 81537
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 5 - 9
- Height: 6 - 15 feet
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in OR WA
Black Knight Butterfly Bush
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- LightFull sun.
- Height6 - 15 feet
- Spread6 - 9 feet
- Spacing6 - 8 feet
- Zones5 - 9
- FoliageDark green, lance shaped pointed up to 10 inches long. Loses leaves and may die back in Winter.
- Flower Form1/4 inch on 10-inch long spikes.
- ColorDeep dark purple.
- BloomsLong season, from midsummer to Autumn.
- Soil RequirementsLight, well-drained and sandy soil.
- Growth RateWill grow quickly even up to 24 inches the first year.
- PruningPlants may die back in the North. If they do not die back, prune to the ground in spring. In the South, prune to thin and clear old wood.
- CommentsAn easy-to-grow shrub that should be an essential feature in all yards. Butterflies and hummingbirds can't resist the honey-scented blooms. Place near a patio or pathway and enjoy their fragrance.
- Botanical NameBuddleia davidii 'Black Knight'
- HeaderHoney-Sweet Fragrance
- DepthPlant so the crown is below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.