Black Lace Elderberry
- SKU: 60782
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
- This item is not available in OR
Send me an email when this item is available
Black Lace Elderberry
- LightSun (for best color) to partial shade.
- Height6 - 8 feet
- Spread6 - 8 feet
- Spacing6 - 8 feet
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliagePurple lacy foliage.
- ColorRich purple with 10-inch clusters of pink flowers.
- BloomsEarly summer
- FruitGlossy, dark berries.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, humus-enriched, well-drained soil, will adapt to drier conditions.
- PruningIt takes pruning well. You may keep it any size you wish, though flowering is more prolific if heavy pruning is only done every third year.
- PollinatorElderberries fruit best when you plant at least two different varieties within 60 feet of each other.
- CommentsAttracts 51 bird species. An all-round great plant! It has beautiful lacy foliage of purple so rich it appears black, huge clusters of pink flowers that attract butterflies in early summer, and glossy berries that feed a multitude of birds in early winter. Very easy to grow, and an annual pruning will keep it any size you want. Wow!
- Botanical NameSambucus nigra 'Eva' PP15575
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Gallon Pot Size|
|1A-4B||8/1 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/1 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/1 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/1 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/1 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/1 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.