Black Stem Elephant Ears
- SKU: 94686
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bulb
- Zones: 10
- Height: 3 - 4 ft
- Light Required: partial shade to full shade
Send me an email when this item is available
Black Stem Elephant Ears
- Unit of Measure1 bulb
- Lightpartial shade to full shade
- Height3 - 4 ft
- Spread3 ft
- FoliageLarge glossy green leaves atop stunning black stems.
- Flower FormIn late summer, the plant produces wonderful yellow aroid type flowers with a fragrance of papayas.
- Soil RequirementsDeep, moisture-retentive soils.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningRemove dead leaves to keep plant tidy.
- CommentsThe tall, purple-black stems of the Colocasia Esculenta Black Stem are huge and luxurious, which creates a dramatic beauty in the garden. A heat lover that will thrive in the garden or in large containers on a deck, patio or entryway.
- Botanical NameColocasia esculenta 'Fontanesii'
- HeaderEye-Catching Ebony Stalks
- Depth2 - 4 inches below soil level. Keep well-watered. It is best to mulch if not grown in standing water.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.