Black Magic Kale
- SKU: 86993
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 100 seeds per packet
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 2 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 5 - 10 days.
Send me an email when this item is available
Black Magic Kale
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 100 seeds per packet
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height2 feet.
- Spread2 feet.
- Spacing12 inches apart in rows 12 - 18 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageUnique colors and textures.
- Germination5 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 100 seeds per packet.
- CommentsA new variety of black cabbage type kale (AKA Tuscan Kale, Lacinato Kale, Dinosaur Kale). Winter hardy with darker, savoyed leaves rather than conventional varieties. Flavor improves with frost. Can be used at baby leaf or mature stage. Mature leaves grow as a rosette rather than on a true stem. Very attractive blister textured deep greenish-black leaves.
- Botanical NameBrassica olerecea 'Cavolo Nero Black Magic'
- HeaderBeautiful and Delicious, Too!
- Depth1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity60 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.