- SKU: 04505
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- FormDeciduous. Upright, oval, irregularly shaped canopy.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height30 - 50 feet.
- Spread20 - 30 feet.
- Spacing20 - 30 feet.
- Zones4 - 9.
- FoliageGlossy, dark green Summer leaves, turning to shades of red, scarlet, orange, yellow and purple in Fall.
- FruitThe fruit is round, dark blue, and clustered on stalks up to 1 1/2" long.- Birds loved it. It does not produce the gumballs that the sweet gum produces.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, acidic soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- CommentsKnown for it's brilliant Fall colors - glossy, dark green Summer leaves put on a show in Fall, turning shades of red, scarlet, orange, yellow and purple - often all colors showing on the same branch. Native tree to the entire Eastern United States. Small, blueish-black fruit sometimes appear - the birds love it. Medium growth rate. Upright, oval, irregularly shaped canopy. Arbor Day Society lists as 1 of the 10 best trees for Fall color.
- Botanical NameNyssa sylvatica
- DepthPlant so the stain on the roots are at soil level. Water thoroughly after planting.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.