$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Osage Thornless Blackberry
- SKU: 65094
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- This item is not available in FL MA SC
Send me an email when this item is available
Osage Thornless Blackberry
- FormVery erect
- LightFull Sun
- Height4-10 feet
- Spread3-4 feet
- SpacingSpace 3-4 feet apart.
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- Flower Formsmall white flowers
- FruitMedium-size, glossy black berries, with excellent flavor and sweetness, and great storage quality.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, moist soil. 5.5- 6.8 pH.
- PruningAt the end of each year, prune out the floricanes, which were the branches that flowered and fruited that season. The next year, the previous season's primocanes will be floricanes, flowering and fruiting-and the cycle continues. As a reminder to you as to which canes flowered and fruited, tie a string or ribbon around them to know which canes to remove at the end of that season. Rule of thumb: If the cane/limb hasn't flowered, DO NOT cut if off. Summer tipping (trimming off the tips of the cane
- CommentsThis thornless variety produces wonderfully sweet fruit with excellent flavor quality and storage capability. Adaptable and easy to grow-great for the home garden or local market. Developed by the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture, this blackberry is heat and humidity tolerant; a great choice for the Southern garden. Gorgeous, glossy black, medium-size berries are a delight to eat fresh.
- YieldHigh yields
- Botanical NameRubus fruticosus 'Osage' PP26120
- DepthDig a hole twice as big as the root system. Plant so that all roots are firmly in the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.