- SKU: 09062
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 4 - 9 (-20° F.).
- Height: 2 - 3 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure 1 bareroot
- FormPerennial. Erect, rounded.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height2 - 3 feet.
- Spread1 - 2 feet.
- Spacing12 - 18 inches.
- Zones4 - 9 (-20° F.).
- FoliageCoarse, dark green lanceolate to ovate leaves, 3 - 6 inches long.
- Flower FormDaisy-like flower heads 1 - 2 inches.
- ColorGolden-yellow with nearly black centers.
- BloomsMid-Summer to frost for several weeks.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moderately fertile soil.
- Growth RateFast once established which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
- PruningAfter flowering, remove spent blooms to encourage repeat blooming. Allow foliage to die back.
- CommentsStiking color contrast. Blooms heavily from midsummer to frost; grows 2-3 feet tall. A longtime favorite for cut bouquets. Spreads to fill an area fast. Easy to grow-tolerate a wide range of conditions but prefers full sun and well-drained soil. One of the few perennials that keep blooming until frost.
- Botanical NameRudbeckia fulgida
- HeaderThe True Perennial—Back by Popular Demand
- DepthPlant with crown just below the soil surface. Firm well and water in thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.