Black-Seeded Simpson Lettuce
Black-Seeded Simpson Lettuce
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 1000 seeds per packet
- LightFull sun.
- Height6 - 7 inches.
- Spread4 - 5 inches.
- Spacing4 - 6 inches between plants, 12 - 18 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9.
- FoliageLight green fofliage.
- FruitLoose Leaf. Large, light green Leaves are upright, crisp, tender and sweet.
- Germination7 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, well-drained soil. pH 6.0 - 6.8.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 1,000 seeds per packet., 1/2 oz. is approximately 12,000 seeds, 2 oz. is approxixmately 48,000 seeds. The seed tape is 15 feet long and has approximately 360 seeds.
- CommentsLeaves are broad, crumpled, and frilled. Well able to tolerate Summer heat and drought. An exceptionally good keeper. Large, upright plants. Loose leaf type. Very early and adaptable. Withstands some frost. Slow bolting. Inner leaves blanch almost white. Very popular long favored variety, fixture in North American gardens for over a hundred years.
- Yield50 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameLactuca sativa 'Black-seeded Simpson'; Family: Asteraceae (Daisy Family)
- HeaderEarly, Curly, Delicately Flavored
- DepthAt soil surface. making sure the seed is not covered (needs light to germinate). Keep soil moist.
- Days To Maturity48 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.