- SKU: 75134
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 100 seeds per pkt.
- Zones: 3 - 9 (Annual)
- Height: 3-4 feet, dwarf size for an Okra.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 7-14 days.
- Plants are not available in CA
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 100 seeds per pkt.
- LightFull sun.
- Height3-4 feet, dwarf size for an Okra.
- Spread1-2 feet
- Spacing15-18 inches between plants, 36-48 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 (Annual)
- FoliageGreen foliage, typical Okra foliage.
- FruitCreamy, very light green, ribbed, 6-7 inch, spineless pods.
- Germination7-14 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained sandy loamy soil. pH 6-6.8.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 100 seeds per packet.
- PruningHarvest young, tender pods when 3 inches long. Remove and discard overly mature pods which slows new pod production.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsUnique, very light green, almost cream-colored, spineless pods are produced on a dwarf plant. Early maturing, and very productive. Harvest young, tender pods when about 3 inches long. Its garden performance has made it an All-America Selections winner!
- YieldHigh yields.
- Botanical NameAbelmoschus esculentus 'Blondy'
- HeaderAn All-America Selections winner.
- Depth1/2 to 1 inch.
- Days To Maturity50 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.