Bloomsdale Longstanding Spinach
Bloomsdale Longstanding Spinach
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 300 seeds per packet
- FormUpright, annual.
- LightFull sun.
- Height8 inches plus.
- Spread5 - 6 inches.
- Spacing6 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageDark green crumpled leaves.
- Germination5 - 9 days.
- Soil RequirementsLight, rich, well-drained soil. pH 6.0 - 6.8
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 300 seeds per packet. The seed tape is 15 feet long and has approximately 170 seeds. Seed Mat has approximately 75 seeds.
- CommentsLarge, semi-upright plants. Handles hot weather better than others. For late Spring crops. Shipped extensively from the deep South. Late bolter.SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: SPINACH WILL GO TO SEED OR BOLT IN RESPONSE TO WARM WEATHER. WHEN THE TEMPERATURES STAYS CONSISTENTLY ABOVE 75'F. THE PLANTS WILL GO TO SEED. MEDANIA, OLYMPIA & BLOOMSDALE LONG STANDING SPINACH VARIETIES ARE SLOW-BOLTING VARIETIES. SPINACH IS A DUAL PURPOSE VEGETABLE THAT CAN BE COOKED AS GREENS OR USED FRESH IN SALADS. CRUMPLED SAVORY LEAVES. STANDS 2 WEEKS LONGER THAN MOST AT ROSETTE STAGE.
- Yield40 - 50 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameSpinacia oleracea 'Bloomsdale Long Standing'
- HeaderEarly to Harvest, Slow to Bolt
- Depth1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity42 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.