Blue Butterfly Delphinium
- SKU: 99557
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 4 - 8 (-20° F.)
- Height: 12 - 14 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun (prefers 6 or more hours of sun per day).
Blue Butterfly Delphinium
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFull sun (prefers 6 or more hours of sun per day).
- Height12 - 14 inches.
- Spread6 - 8 inches.
- Spacing6 - 8 inches.
- Zones4 - 8 (-20° F.)
- FoliageSmall, delicate, finely serrated foliage.
- Flower FormShowy racemes or spikes.
- ColorDeep blue blossoms.
- BloomsEarly summer to late summer.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained soil; prefers organic with high fertilization.
- Growth RateSlow to moderate growth rate.
- PruningCut back flower stems to encourage additional blooms.
- CommentsMulch in colder areas of country (Zones 5 and below). This flower color is often not found in perennials, making it very unique. Extremely long flowering. True dwarf delphinium that can be used in the front part of a border. Can be used with a number of colors to create dazzling floral displays all Summer long.
- Botanical NameDelphinium 'Butterfly Blue'
- HeaderPretty Pixie
- DepthPlant the crown(where the roots meet) 1 inch below soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.