Blue Moon Reblooming Wisteria
- SKU: 90008
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 5 - 9
- Height: 20 - 30 feet (Climbing Vine)
- Light Required: Full Sun
Send me an email when this item is available
Blue Moon Reblooming Wisteria
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormDeciduous, perennial vine
- LightFull Sun
- Height20 - 30 feet (Climbing Vine)
- SpreadUp to 20 feet
- Spacing15 - 20 feet
- Zones5 - 9
- FoliageCompound, 7"-12" long, made up of ovate-oblong 1"-2" leaflets
- Flower FormFlowers are a beautiful lavender-blue, borne in foot-long recemes-VERY FRAGRANT. Although this vine may produce flowers by the second or third year after planting, it may take longer.
- BloomsBlooms mid to late spring, blooming 3 times per year for several weeks
- FruitVelvety pods
- Soil RequirementsAverage well drained garden soil. Water well when it is hot and dry
- Growth RateFast once established which takes the first growing season
- PruningPruning for this wisteria should be kept to a minimum (e.g., pruning back tips after bloom or in winter). Improper pruning may overly stimulate vegetative growth at the expense of flowers.
- CommentsExciting native species improved to dependably bloom up to three times in a single growing season. Flowers occur in foot long clusters. It is the hardiest of wisteria.
- Botanical NameWisteria frutescens macrostachya 'Blue Moon' (wis-TEER-ee-uh)
- HeaderBlooms 2 or 3 times per year!
- DepthSet at the same level it is at in the container, firm well and water thoroughly. Provide a support for it to grow up
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.