Blue Lake Pole Beans
Blue Lake Pole Beans
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure 2 oz
- FormUpright, annual. Climbing,vine, must be staked.
- LightFull sun.
- Height5.5 - 6 feet.
- Spacing6 inches apart in rows 48 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitTender, stringless, round, dark green pod with white seeds.
- Germination6 - 14 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil; pH 6.0-6.8.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- Seed Count2 oz. packet is approximately 150 seeds, 1/2 lb. is approximately 600 seeds.
- CommentsProlific climber. Sets pods from the base to the top of the plant. Stringless. Never limp or rubbery. Heavy yielder. Also refer to pole bean culture.
- Yield150 pounds per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NamePhaseolus vulgaris 'Blue Lake'; Family: Fabaceae/Leguminosae (Bean Family).
- Size5 - 6 inch pods.
- HeaderOur Very Best Canner
- Depth11/2 inches.
- Days To Maturity63 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.