- SKU: 72866
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
- This item is not available in CA GA MI OR WA
Send me an email when this item is available
- Formvase shaped
- LightFull sun to partial shade
- Height6-8 feet
- Spacing5-8 feet
- Zones4 - 9 (-20° F.)
- FoliageLoses leaves in the fall. Palmately veined, 3 lobed, coarsely toothed along the margins. Dark green, heavily textured
- Flower FormLarge, single open bells, with a doubling of the smaller inner petals that create a totally unique form. The inside of the flowers look almost like an old fashioned carnation set inside the large outer petals
- ColorCoral red (Dark reddish pink)
- BloomsMid summer to frost, continuous blooms
- FruitLarge to very large, firm, bright light-blue berries.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained; tolerant of a wide range of soils
- Growth RateSlow while establishing, fast thereafter
- PruningNone, except to prune into desired form Anytime between February and mid July
- PollinatorSelf pollinating. Northern highbush variety. Plant 2 or more varieties for good production. Jersey would be a good choice as a pollinator.
- CommentsFlowers do not have a fragrance. Fibrous root system. Prune to desired form in early spring up until mid-summer. Multi-stemmed wood shrub. Large, single flowers. Dark green leaves. The foliage does not show the yellowing in mid-summer that is typical of some hibiscus. Kept to 3-4 feet for a screen or hedge or pruned to make a small tree.
- YieldApproximately 10 - 20 pounds at maturity with proper care.
- Botanical NameHibiscus syriacus 'Freedom'
- Size1/4 inch blossoms.
- DepthPlace in a hole 2 times as wide and deep as the pot; plant top of root ball at soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Gallon Pot Size|
|1A-4B||8/1 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/1 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/1 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/1 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/1 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/1 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.