- SKU: 65956
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 4-7
- Height: 3-5 feet
- Light Required: Full sun to part shade.
- This item is not available in CA
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormCompact, slightly spreading.
- LightFull sun to part shade.
- Height3-5 feet
- Spread3 - 5 ft
- Spacing3 - 4 ft.
- FoliageDark green foliage that turns into a glorious golden yellow in fall.
- Flower FormWaxy, bell-shaped, white flowers
- FruitHigh quality large sized sky blue berries. Fruit ripening is concentrated, with harvesting in 1 or 2 picks
- Soil RequirementsOrganically rich, medium to wet, well-drained soils. We recommend a soil pH level of 4.5 - 4.8 for blueberry plants.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningPrune out leggy small twigs for better berries. Prune as needed in late winter beginning in the third year after planting.
- PollinatorAlthough blueberries are self-fertile, cross-pollination produces the best fruit crop (larger berries and larger yields). Therefore, it is best to plant more than one variety that will bloom at the same time.
- CommentsDelicious, Easy to Pick Berries. Extremely heavy yields of sky blue berries ripen all at once in late June. A great choice for those who want a ton of berries for freezing or canning. Easy to pick berries are delicious for fresh eating as well. Compact, 3-5 feet high plants have dark green foliage that turns into a glorious golden yellow in fall. Good resistance to pests and diseases.
- YieldExtremely heavy yields.
- Botanical NameVaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold'
- HeaderDelicious, Easy to Pick Berries
- DepthPlant at same depth as it was in the nursery. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.