Bopak Hybrd Pak Choi
- SKU: 70008
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 100 seeds
Bopak Hybrd Pak Choi
- FormUpright leafy vegetable.
- LightFull sun.
- Height10-24 inches.
- Spread10-12 inches.
- Spacing10-12 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageDark green foliage atop bright white petioles. Tender leaves and crisp white stalks have a flavor in between cabbage and chard.
- Fruit1.5-2 lb. heads.
- Germination4 - 7 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil high in organic matter, pH 6.0-7.5.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 100 seeds per packet.
- PruningNone neded.
- CommentsThis is the first Pak Choi to become an AAS winner! Tender leaves, and sweet crisp stalks add delicious flavor and texture to stir-fries, salads, and other dishes. The sweet stalks can be used as you would celery sticks. Flavor can be described as between cabbage and chard. Keeps a nice flavor, even into warmer weather. Gorgeous contrast of rich, dark green leaves and bright white petioles make it a beautiful choice to use in edible landscaping. Use as an accent in a container for its attractive greenery and texture. Grows in an upright, dense, uniform, compact habit, making it great for small garden spaces. Matures a few days earlier than other varieties. May be harvested at full size, or harvested earlier as a baby Pak Choi.
- Botanical NameBrassica rapa chinensis 'Bopak'
- DepthPlant seeds 1/2 inch deep and 1-2 inches apart.
- Days To Maturity60 days to maturity, 45 for baby leaf.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.