Bopak Pak Choi Hybrid
- SKU: 70008
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 100 seeds per pkt.
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 10-24 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 4 - 7 days.
Bopak Pak Choi Hybrid
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 100 seeds per pkt.
- FormUpright leafy vegetable
- LightFull sun.
- Height10-24 inches.
- Spread10-12 inches.
- Spacing10-12 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageDark green foliage atop bright white petioles. Tender leaves and crisp white stalks have a flavor in between cabbage and chard.
- Fruit1.5-2 lb. heads
- Germination4 - 7 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil high in organic matter, pH 6.0-7.5.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 100 seeds per packet.
- CommentsThis is the first Pak Choi to become an AAS winner! Tender leaves, and sweet crisp stalks add delicious flavor and texture to stir-fries, salads, and other dishes. The sweet stalks can be used as you would celery sticks. Flavor can be described as between cabbage and chard. Keeps a nice flavor, even into warmer weather. Gorgeous contrast of rich, dark green leaves and bright white petioles make it a beautiful choice to use in edible landscaping. Use as an accent in a container for its attractive greenery and texture. Grows in an upright, dense, uniform, compact habit, making it great for small garden spaces. Matures a few days earlier than other varieties. May be harvested at full size, or harvested earlier as a baby Pak Choi.
- Botanical NameBrassica rapa chinensis 'Bopak'
- HeaderAn award winner with superb flavor.
- DepthPlant seeds 1/2 inch deep and 1-2 inches apart.
- Days To Maturity60 days to maturity, 45 for baby leaf.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.