Bowl of Beauty Peony
- SKU: 72078
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 8 (-30° F.)
- Height: 3 feet.
- Light Required: Flowers best when planted in full sun; prefers light shade in Southern regions.
Bowl of Beauty Peony
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFlowers best when planted in full sun; prefers light shade in Southern regions.
- Height3 feet.
- Spread3 feet.
- Spacing3-5 feet.
- Zones3 - 8 (-30° F.)
- FoliageYoung shoots have red tint; mature is dark green and lobed.
- Flower FormScented
- ColorSoft rose-pink with creamy yellow center.
- BloomsEarly May
- Soil RequirementsDeep, fertile, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow to moderate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flowers after blooming. Cut foliage to the ground (and remove from the garden) in fall after frost
- CommentsFlower is scented. Too much shade inhibits flowering. First season, few stems, few inches. Second season, double that of the first year. Third season: Mature growth and blooms. If blooms appear in the first season, remove to conserve energy. Winter dormancy needed. Ants are very attracted to the fragrance of the plant. They will not harm the plant nor are they needed for the blossoms to open. If the plants fail to bloom by their third season, the roots are probably too deep. Transplant in the fall as directed.
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Bowl of Beauty'
- Size8-12 inches.
- HeaderUnique Bicolor Peony!
- DepthPlant root division with eyes 1 1/2 - 2 inches below soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.