British Genovese Basil
- A superior basil variety
- Fragrant, dark-green plants grow 24-36 in. tall
- Perfect for Italian-inspired recipes and pesto
- Ideal for borders, herb gardens and containers
- More resistant to cold weather than other types
- SKU: 79847
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 150 seeds
British Genovese Basil
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread12 - 18 inches.
- Spacing18 inches between mature plants.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageDark green foliage. Spicy fragrance and flavor.
- Germination5 - 7 days at 68-75 degrees F.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 150 seeds per packet.
- PruningPinch back to encourage a bushy plant. Be careful not to remove too many leaves from one stem of young plants.
- CommentsYour house will smell like home when you use this old-fashioned basil in your favorite dishes. Fragrant, dark-green plants are perfect for any Italian-inspired dish, especially pesto! Shade plants in warmer weather to keep your crop vibrant and healthy. 70 days to maturity. Half Hardy Annual sowin in early spring and given protection. Most HHA's are frost-tender and must not be planted outdoors until all danager of frost has passed. Ideal soil is well-drained and likes full to partial sun.
- Botanical NameOcimum basilicum 'Genovese'
- Depth1/8 inch.
- Days To Maturity75-80 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.