- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure 1/2 lb
- LightFull sun.
- Height6 inch flowerhead.
- Spacing1 inch deep in rows 1 inch apart.
- Zones3 - 9.
- FoliageBlue-green foliage.
- Germination14 - 30 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained, clay soil; pH 6.0-8.5
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count1/2 lbs. seeds 250 square feet.
- CommentsRugged, dependable. Impossible to stop. Forms dense, blue-green mat. Takes abuse. Seldom needs mowing. Hardy native of the dry prairie states. Resists insects and most lawn diseases. Resists heat and drought. Will not survive where rain fall averages over 25 inches. Does not tolerate shade. Does well in heavy soil. Warm season type grass.
- Botanical NameBuchloe dactyloides 'Topgun'; Family: Poaceae (Grass Family)
- HeaderResists Heat and Drought
- DepthPlace the seeds between 1/4-inch and 1/2-inch below the surface.
- Days To MaturityN/A
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.