Bulldog Hybrid Collards
- SKU: 85082
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 150 seeds per packet
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 10 - 21 days
Send me an email when this item is available
Bulldog Hybrid Collards
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 150 seeds per packet
- FormUpright, vigorous plants.
- LightFull sun.
- Spread12 - 15 inches
- Spacing12 - 15 inches
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageDark blue-green leaves are slightly savoyed.
- Germination10 - 21 days
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, sandy soil.
- Seed CountApprox. 150 seeds per pack.
- PruningHarvest entire plants or cut individual leaves and enjoy fast regrowth for an extended harvest period.
- CommentsA new Georgia-type introduction, replaces Georgia (Georgia Southern) and Top Bunch. Bulldog is more upright than either Georgia or Top Bunch. Brilliant deep green leaf color. Can be stripped from bottom leaves up, or cut for bunching. If cut, it has very fast re-growth. We're not sure about bolting yet, but it won't likely be worse than Georgia or Top Bunch, the two varieties with the worst bolt resistance, and since it matures 1 1/2 weeks earlier than Georgia it may beat some of the bolt inducing heat. (Georgia Southern is an old-time favorite across the South, with gardeners accepting its tendency to bolt early as inevitable.) We believe the hybrid vigor of Bulldog makes it a superior choice to either Georgia or Top Bunch. If you are used to growing Georgia or Top Bunch, Bulldog is definitely worth a try.
- Botanical NameBrassica oleracea
- HeaderVery fast re-growth when bunch-cut.
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Days To Maturity71 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.