$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
- SKU: 85871
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pkt of approx. 100 seeds
- This item is not available in CA
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormAnnual. Upright.
- LightFull sun.
- Height36-60 inches
- Spread36-48 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- Foliagegreen leaves
- Flower FormWhite flowers.
- FruitVery attractive maroon-red pods that stay tender to 8" long. Pods turn green when cooked.
- Germination10 - 14 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained sandy loamy soil. pH 6.0 - 6.8.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningFor optimal texture and flavor, harvest often when the pods are young about 3" long.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating
- CommentsThere's a pretty contrast between the plant's green leaves against the burgundy stems, branches, leaf ribs and fruits-and a pretty display of yellow-cream flowers.
- Botanical NameAbelmoschus esculentus
- Depth1/2 - 1 inch.
- Days To Maturity55 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.