Pickin' & Grinnin' Bush Bean
Pickin' & Grinnin' Bush Bean
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure2 oz
- FormUpright, no staking required.
- LightFull sun.
- Height18 - 24 inches.
- Spread18 inches.
- Spacing3 to 5 inches.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- Foliagegreen foliage.
- Flower Form1-2 inch, bell-shaped
- ColorThe color of the bean is white.
- BloomsMidsummer for 4-5 weeks then intermittently through to the late summer
- FruitDark green pod color.
- Germination6 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil; ph 6.0-6.8.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed Count2 oz. packet is approximately 150 seeds, 1/2 lb. is approximately 600 seeds.
- CommentsStrong dwarf bush plants need no staking. Huge pods up to 9 inches lin length. Lovely dark green color and not stringy at all. Virus l & Anthracnose resistant. Very high yields, excellent flavor, texture and appearance. The best bean we've ever grown.
- Botanical NamePhaseolus vulgaris 'Pickin' & Grinnin ", Family: Fabaceae/Leguminosae (Bean Family).
- SizePod is 7.5 - 9 inches long.
- HeaderHuge Pods on Dwarf Plants
- Depth1/2 to 1 inch.
- Days To Maturity57 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.