- SKU: 65726
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 3 - 7
- Height: 8 - 12 feet
- Light Required: Full sun/partial shade
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormRounded habit
- LightFull sun/partial shade
- Height8 - 12 feet
- Spread8 - 12 feet
- Spacing8 - 12 feet
- Zones3 - 7
- FoliageSoft green maple-leaf like leaves. In fall turn to flush red orange and purple
- Flower FormLarge white pompoms flowers in spring that slowly fade to gentle shades of pink with age. These flowers are sterile and do not form the bright red fruits typical of the species.
- BloomsLate spring, early summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, enriched soil
- Growth RateSlow to establish but overall fast grower.
- PruningCan be cut back every three to four years to 2-3' to control size if necessary, although bloom for the following year will be lost. Otherwise just prune as need to remove spent bloom clusters, dead/damaged branches, suckers and to thin out overcrowded branches.
- CommentsGorgeous display of snowball-like blooms and attractive foliage.
- Botanical NameViburnum opulus 'Sterile' AKA 'Roseum'
- DepthPlace the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots do not pack the soil. Water plant thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/8||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||5/5 - 6/8||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/8||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/4||6/4||5/11|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.